Is drug or alcohol addiction ruining your life? Many people want to seek help for a drug or alcohol addiction, but don’t know where to start or what to expect. The idea of rehab can seem scary if you’ve never attempted any kind of recovery in the past. There’s a good chance that you’re asking yourself, “what is rehab like for a first timer?” If so, we’ve got some answers for you.
You Are Not Alone
Drug and alcohol addiction is a serious problem that affects millions of Americans each year. In 2014, over 16 million Americans, ages 18 years and older, suffered from some sort of alcohol use disorder (AUD). Similarly, an estimated 13% of Americans ages 12 years or older dealt with an addiction to an illicit drug in recent years.
Despite the fact that such a large portion of the population suffers with addiction, only a very small percentage sought out the professional treatment they needed.
So, What Is Rehab Like for the Newbie?
If you’re one of the millions of people in need of professional help to beat an addiction to drugs or alcohol, don’t let guilt, shame, or fear of rehab stand between you and a healthy, sober start. At our adult rehab facility, we have the quality treatment programs and tools necessary to get you through the recovery process and prepare you for a life of long-lasting positive change.
Now, let’s get to the root of the question: what is rehab like for a first timer? Every rehab center is a little different, but at The Heights Treatment, you can expect to find the following services:
- A team of experienced and dedicated addiction treatment professionals to assist guests with every step of the recovery process.
- Partial hospitilization, outpatient and dual-diagnosis intensive outpatient services.
- Dual-diagnosis treatment for individuals dealing with co-occurring mental disorders.
- Individual, group and in-depth family counseling
- Healthy techniques for coping with real-life stress in order to foster long-term sobriety and prevent future relapse, post-treatment.
- The use of proven treatment methods including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Neurofeedback, and Equine Therapy
Get Professional Treatment for Your Addiction
At The Heights Treatment there’s no reason to fret over the question, “what is rehab like?” We understand that for a first-timer, the prospect of entering rehab can be a bit scary and overwhelming. However, the recovery experience doesn’t have to be complicated or painful. Let us help you make this important life change so that you can get back to being happy, healthy, and free of the binds of addiction.